A competition was held for the design of the three structures, with a total of six submissions. Two jury sessions took place in December to decide which designs would be shortlisted for a live presentation. Juri members included:
- Ms Shweta Manchanda, School of Planning and Architecture (SPA)
- Ms Yogini Patel, UK Passivhaus Trust
- Ms Shatakshi Suman, Alliance for an Energy Efficient Economy (AEEE)
- Mr Saurabh Diddi, the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE)
- Mr Edward Lowes, the Passive House Institute (PHI)
- Mr Vikash Ranjan, Pledge4Earth (P4E)
Four designs were finally shortlisted. These were submitted by VK:e environmental, LEAD Consultancy and Engineering Services, BIOME and Monk Spaces. Each design exhibited distinct characteristics, showcasing a wide range of creativity and innovation, and all demonstrated a high level of ambition in both aesthetic quality and technical detailing.
The winning design, submitted by VK:e environmental, stood out for its optimal balance between eye-catching architectural design, construction detailing, and for its potential to be replicated for mass-housing projects in India's growing urban areas. The organisers would like to convey their gratitude to all participants for their engagement and hard work in providing their designs, as well as to the juri members for the interesting debate. We are happy to share more information about each submission below.
Winning submission by VK:e environmental
- Dr. Poorva Keskar
- Kanchan Sarbhukan-Sidhaye